So I've been told...

How blessed I am, how lucky I am. Thankfully I know this. I try not to take this life for granted. I appreciate every kiss, every hand grab and every time he pulls me closer. I also get asked what makes our relationship strong, what keeps us together without arguing. Well, we argue, not until recently. I think the stress of him living in another state and then moving out of state caused some hidden stress. Not so much on his part, heavily on my part. Maybe stress isn't the word. Worried, insecure, depressed and sad are better words to describe what I've been going through. I would let it build up, I would over think it all...like to the point of driving myself insane. It would consume my day. I would then drink too much vodka and express my thoughts to Mr. Fun. We would go round and round. We would fight. After a few rounds, we've worked it out. He's listened to my worries, no matter how insane they were, and reassured me. Now I can't say we've never fought, we have. This move has knocked me down and kicked me in the head. Don't worry, I can only write about this and share this because I feel better. There is no way I could share the raw emotion I had felt. I'm slightly less insane and my anxiety is at a low since moving here. What I have learned is don't hold anything in. This was new for me, I never had anything to hold in before, never felt more insecure about my role as a mother, wife and friend before moving here. Luckily for me Mr. Fun has stepped up and I am slowly getting back to myself. I am so thankful for him and his love.
marriage2
After all that I've been going through and all my insane thoughts I got to thinking. What makes a marriage last? This is strictly why Mr. Fun and I have such a strong marriage. This is why after 16 years of marriage we are still here, still loving and wanting each other as if it was our first year of marriage.
1~We are friends, not just mom and dad.
2~We are lovers, not just husband and wife.
3~We both enjoy each other's hobbies. Common interests are so important. I taught him to love photography and he taught me to love riding motorcycles again.
4~We let the small stuff roll off our backs. He leaves wet towels on the floor and I refuse sex after a long day (morning and afternoon sex is way better anyways). We don't argue or pick fights about our little pet peeves.
5~I love to hear about his day, I really love that I kind of understand what he does.
6~We compromise, it's not always my way or his way.
7~We both love music, all kinds of music. Concerts are our favorite dates. Again, common interest.
8~We say I Love you, a lot.
9~We forgive easily.
10~We cuddle. We are rarely not right next to each other when home.
11~He gets guy time, I get girl time. Everyone needs space, no matter how much you love and enjoy each other.
12~We have similar political views and agree to disagree if need be.
13~Baseball!!
14~He brings me coffee.
15~I scratch his back.
16~We support the decision of the other even if we don't fully agree with it.
17~He listens to me rant about some article I read.
18~We appreciate each other.
19~We can laugh at each other.
20~We trust each other.
marriage
In the end though, it comes down to having fun together, laughing together and loving each other....flaws and all.
dorks!!!! (1 of 1) copy
Blog Hops Everyday and A Mommy's Blog Design Friday Blog Hop

Comments

Angela King said…
i love this. you are lucky. but it's more than luck. it's work. hard work. you guys get it. :) and that pic of the two of you, STEAMY. love it.
Naptime Review said…
Beautiful blog and pictures.

Stopping by Blog Hop Everyday! Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;)

Have a great weekend~
www.thenaptimereview.com
Unknown said…
Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

Awesome relationship that you guys have! Even after marriage! :)

♥ Shar
http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com
Nancy said…
I'm not a blog hopper, just a fan ;) This is just fantastic. Beautiful job articulating all of that!
Ginette said…
i love you girly.. so happy to hear that you're happier!! rough past year to say the least!!! <3
Unknown said…
Hi there! I found you on the Blog Hop, I'm now a new follower. I'd love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and Pinterest! I follow back all of my Pinterest followers :)
this was inspiring to read. i think all women feel similar at some point. i've only been married for 6.5 yrs but our little ones' arrival contributed to some of the feelings you have. your list was just so sweet to read that it helped realize my own blessings (so i can let go of my current, stupid frustration).
i found your blog through the bloghopseveryday.com and am a new follower.

elletoelle.blogspot.com
inkyblog said…
aww love you guys, and your sassy picture - oww!!