My Baby..My oldest

t -)_
I took these photos yesterday...Lots of thoughts run through my head... How did I get here? How can my baby be almost eight? How is my first born sixteen? Am I really at this point in my life? The point where all my children are independent? I have always said I am raising independent adults, not dependent children.
jj -)_
It seems like we just brought JJ home to our two bedroom apartment, new, young parents. I think back to bringing T home, to our three other children. They were so excited to see him, fought over who got to hold him. He completed our family, nine years after it started. Two houses and two states later it seems like a lifetime ago. Yet, I swear it feels like time flew. I blinked and the diapers, dolls, trikes, and sippy cups all disappeared. Now we have legos, video games, make-up, and bikes. I look back and I have no regrets. They said co-sleeping was a mistake and they'd never sleep in their own bed, they were wrong. I wouldn't trade those years of snuggles, kicks to the face and ribs for anything. Even the time T knocked out my front tooth at 3am, still worth it(true story). If anything I want to go back and do it all again. I don't want more babies, I just want to go back and soak my babies up that much more.

Comments

Maggie said…
I think I'm going to feel the same way. Thanks for the reminder, going to go soak up some toddler.
Kim said…
Me too! I would love to go back and do it all again.