What has Pinterest done to me?

It's made me wanna bake/roast all my veggies. I will never steam broccoli again thanks to this recipe, found on pinterest. Seriously yummy!!
Then I ran across a recipe for zucchini chips and I thought maybe just maybe T would eat it if I said they were chips.
I started chopping the zucchini and thought I would also add some squash in there since I had a ton.
T came in and asked what I was doing, told him I was making chips and he agreed to try them.
I ran in to a snag because I couldn't find my pastry brush, another item lost in the move. So what does one clever mom do? Raid the kids craft cabinet and come out with a paint brush. Yes, I did! I used a paint brush to put the olive oil on the zucchini.
zucchini

Then we baked them for 2 very long hours. Totally worth the wait. T ate them up!!
A few things I would do differently. Defiantly use larger zucchini, slice them a tad thicker, spray the foil before placing zucchini down and add garlic. I wouldn't add garlic to the squash though, those came out so sweet, it was like eating candy.
I would have taken an after photo but they weren't that pretty and T devoured them. So if you have a picky eater, one with texture sensitivity, you might want to give this recipe a try. T even asked for them to be put in his lunch. How exciting!! And thank you to all you pinners!! Keep pinning, I give you permission to waste away your day pinning awesomeness!!

And if you feel like watching a video of T when he was little trying meat, that he refused to eat, click here.

Comments

Maggie said…
I am going to try these with my little ones. And I am giggling at the paint brush.