Oh Mondays...What? A cruise? Say Again....

It seems Mondays kick our asses every week. I am not sure what it is.  It could be that we all leave at the same time now, first time in years. It could be we have to leave earlier than before. It could be the boys have taken to morning showers instead of the night before. Maybe it's the damn stairs I have to climb 453 times every morning just to get the boys moving.  I am hoping that the kinks get worked out. So far we haven't been late or forgotten lunches or homework. So far it seems we got it together, if you're looking in from outside. Don't let that fool you. If you could hear us, you would think we were the definition of dysfunctional. Things I say a million times every morning...
Time to wake up
That doesn't match *twirl of my finger* back upstairs
You can all read the cereal box, stop fighting
Did you brush your teeth
Put your bowls in the sink
Get your socks on, where are your shoes
Water bottles, I need your water bottles
SHOES! SOCKS!
Have your homework
GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH
Still waiting on the water bottles
Have everything in your backpack
What about your snack, get that
Don't tease your brother
SHOES! Get your freaking ever loving shoes on
We're going to be late, go go go go!!

I do love mornings though, you know the part where they are at school, the house is quiet and I can actually take a breath and be still for a little bit. This morning was different. As I sat down with my coffee I got a text, then another and another...Mr. Fun had news to share. We are flying to Miami, boarding a cruise ship and visiting three locations. Am I excited? I am yet I'm not. I get motion sickness if I look up too fast, not even kidding, not even a little bit. So I am worried about that. I never thought I would need a passport and now I do, weird. This will be the longest we've ever left the kids, super nervous about that, hoping my mom can get that time off work so the kids don't have to miss school. And my biggest worry.....I have to wear a bathing suit? Say what? This, might as well be 40, mother of 4 rarely wears a bathing suit and never in public....eeeps! Oh I am going to need a spray tan, that is for sure!!


121/365 Sometimes you just have to say what the .......


Cruise tips? What to pack? What I think I need but won't use? This cruise ship virgin needs all the advice you have to give!!

Comments

Marisa said…
Eek! How exciting!
And now that you'll have a passport you can visit Canada. LOL
Unknown said…
That looks like a bathing suit to me!
Congrats. I too get motion sick, can't even look at pictures while riding in a vehicle :( But the do make meds that really help. 24hrs even. I suggest taking them for sure.
MLE said…
Kim, that is a bathing suit, that I borrowed and notice it's the privacy of a yard...eek!
I think I'm going with the patch behind ears and hoping for the best.