3 weeks in

I want off this roller coaster with T. He was the one I was least worried about, it's second grade for crying out loud. I was worried that JJ starting a new high school with a big work load would cause her to slip into a depression, lots of AP classes. I was worried Wy would get all emotional and sensitive and cry. I was worried G wouldn't fit in, get lost and hate middle school.  I wasn't worried about T. I wasn't expecting the tears and the screaming. I wasn't expecting bedtime to be so utterly frustrating for everyone in the house because of T.
After school T is all smiles, tells me about his day and is fine. Come bedtime you would think  he had to walk on nails, naked, in front of his class the next day. Then the tears and the running away to hide because he doesn't want to go to school in the mornings. It is seriously draining me. It's a roller coaster I would like to get off of.
It makes me long for Phoenix where school was fun, he looked forward to it. He was ready early every day, walked out the door with a smile on his face.  I know this is a process and things take time but I am losing it. Maybe it's because Mr. Fun is traveling for work, maybe it's because I had sick kids for 3 days and feel like crap myself. Maybe I just need to buck up and realize I am doing the best I can right now. Maybe I just need a bloody mary for breakfast, you know,  to take the edge off of a day that JUST started.

Maybe I am having a mid life crisis.....
Maybe I really just want more of this in my life....
make your own rain...

Life was simpler back then.

Comments

snaphappy6 said…
Hang in there Misti... it takes time but it will get easier....it really will. hugs.
Angela King said…
it's tough. it will get better. i promise. in the meantime, have a bloody mary {or two}. :)
I like the bloody mary idea!! It will get better....miss ya!
I'm sorry school has been tough with T. Hope it gets better!
kate94651 said…
MIDLIFE CRISIS?!?! Talk to me when you hit 40, you silly silly girl!

{{{hugs}}}
Marisa said…
Awww, look at little T way back when.
(((Hugs))) for easier days, I hope it happens soon.
mel said…
ugh.. our kids don't start school for 2 weeks and my Garrett is already crying daily about it. Cheers hun.. you are not alone!
Unknown said…
So sorry things are not fun right now. It will get easier. Yes, and bloody Mary's always help. :)