My third child turns 15 tomorrow..

dub 15

Where to start with this kid. We call him Dub more often than by his real names. His friends call him Wyatt, he claims Dub is just a family thing. I wish it wasn't, but his friends call him Wy if not Wyatt.
He's a smart kid, one of those kids that gets straight As without trying. He's the kid I never see studying yet he texts me that he got a 41/45 on his english final. I wish I had his brain. He's sarcastic and funny, he's the nicer older brother. He's still pushing the limits when it comes to rules, he gets that from me so it's hard to get mad.
He hated living in Montana, out of all of us I think he hated it the most, more than myself. I know that is hard to believe but it's true. He rarely left the house, it was like pulling teeth to get him to do anything. He rarely joined us in the living room for movies or just to hang out. He didn't have friends outside of school and he wasn't close to the friends he did have at school. That has all changed, he has friends, he goes out with friends, he even broke curfew once...he texted to let me know though, see, good kid. He watches movies and baseball with us again. His favorite show right now is The Office and I've never heard him laugh so much at one show. Him and his brothers are playing hockey and wiffle ball almost daily again. It's almost like he's 8 again but not really.

dub 15a

Happy 15th Birthday Dub, it's so wonderful to see you happy again. I hope the next year brings you nothing but joy and wonderful memories.

Comments

Amy Lou said…
I love watching your family again,,,and so glad that all of you are happy in Arizona again.
Happy Birthday to Wyatt...love love love his hair.