The price of being a good Samaritan....

(this was originally written April of 2011, sharing again here because something happened today, something completely mind blowing. all because of this accident. I will write about it soon)



Mr. Fun went out with his friends last night. He also forgot his phone yesterday, I really don't like it when he does that. So anyways.....
It was about 9 PM or so and Mr. Fun comes through the door and the look on his face and his demeanor instantly sent off my wife radar. I don't remember what he said but I remember "I am pissed" many times.
He showed me his helmet and my eyes quickly scanned his body. I also remember hearing my helmet is ruined, I was almost home...... I blurted out, "THAT IS WHERE MOST ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!!" He still hadn't told me anything, all I see is his mad face and his ruined helmet. He then told me to grab my shoes and he runs out through the garage, I asked if his bike was scratched as he turns off his headlight, he shakes his head and tells me the bike is fine. By this time I am even more confused, he is fine, his bike is fine but his helmet is ruined.
We take off running down the street, around the corner and there is it is. A black mustang flipped on it's side. I start freaking out asking questions. These were the answers.
Mr. Fun witnessed this car peel out, lose control and flip on it's side. We are lucky Mr. Fun wasn't closer.
There were three teenage kids in the car that got out and ran, not after Mr. Fun tried to help them flip the car back over. Mr. Fun thought someone was in the car. Turns out the dude was just trying to get his phone. What the hell?? Right, your phone?
This is where Mr. Fun's helmet got ruined, as he was helping this kid flip the car back he just put his helmet down next to him, only thinking about someone being hurt inside the car. They couldn't flip it and it rocked back onto Mr. Fun's helmet. He didn't realize when he put his helmet down it was slightly slanted ground and the helmet rolled down and under the car as the car rocked back.
As I am standing there listening to Mr. Fun, I was like, DID YOU CALL THE COPS? No, he couldn't because he left his phone at home. So I call the cops. As we are waiting for the cops, these punks come back with friends, flip the car and drive it with two flat tires and a crushed driver side. They had no idea we had called the cops. So we heard it all....there was drinking involved, the car belonged to a friend that was out on his motorcycle and the driver is not a licensed driver. They were trying to figure out who was going to be the driver for insurance purposes.
They leave, the passenger taking Mr. Fun's number just in case, I am thinking he was thinking, no way am I taking a hit on my driving record for something I didn't do.
The cops finally show and Mr. Fun explains it all. The cops ask Mr. Fun if he could ID the driver. Mr. Fun replies with yes but I would rather do it behind glass. The cops take off to talk to those involved and tell us they'll come knocking if they need anything. They came knocking and Mr. Fun went for a ride in the back of a police cruiser and through the dark windows he ID the driver. Of course that wasn't who they had told the police was driving.
So back to the helmet, I am so beyond pissed off I am seeing red. Stupid kids doing stupid things. So now Mr. Fun has a $700 helmet he can't even put on his head. We don't have $700 to replace it. I think that punk ass driver needs to cough up $700 dollars so Mr. Fun can get another helmet.
helmet4

Mr. Fun loved this helmet...it took him so long to find it. See, it has a dragon on it. It's not just another helmet. It's one he searched high and low for. Now it's a piece of garbage and we are out $700 because of some punk ass teen with no respect for those around him. The road he was on is a 25 MPH road and a dead end...He also claimed that he took the corner too fast but there are tire marks that prove he gunned it after he turned the corner. I am just so red in the face. Mr. Fun was trying to help.....
I am glad that he is that kind of man that doesn't think in a crisis, he just reacts and does what needs to be done.
BUT I ALSO LIKE HIS HEAD PROTECTED WITH A TOP OF THE LINE HELMET!!!

Comments