Milestones

It started with her first cry, her first smile. Then the milestones become bigger, she rolled over, she sat up, she started crawling. When she started walking I wondered where the last 12 months went, they flew by. Before I knew it she was talking in full sentences, attending preschool and becoming the person she was meant to be. She shined her way through elementary school, succeeded in middle school and rocked her way through high school.
Grad 2 (1 of 1)
Grad 5 (1 of 1)

You spend 18 years teaching, loving, directing, advising, disciplining, tutoring and worrying. Then you have to let go, let them be (cough)adults, just last week they had to ask to use the bathroom, now they are expected to act like and have the responsibilities of an adult. That just seems so insane to me, I don't know how all these parents do it. I am so proud of her, so excited for her but at the same time I don't want her to go.
Grad 9 (1 of 1)Grad 10 (1 of 1)
I know she has a bright future ahead of her, I know she will be happy and successful wherever this world takes her. I just wish she'd stay here for a little while longer. I also know I am not alone, I know Mr. Fun really wants her to attend college here and live at home, FOREVER.
Grad 7 (1 of 1)
Stay where she is surrounded by such a great support group.
Grad 14 (1 of 1)

Grad 17 (1 of 1)

Grad 20 (1 of 1)

I know I sound like a broken record but I feel so blessed to live in a community that cares. They are there when we need them and I would trust them all with my child's life.
Grad 16 (1 of 1)
I wanted this day to be fun and full of love and laughter. I am so glad to say we accomplished this. I say we because it took the village to make it happen. From the making of her cap, to the blowing of the balloons, to the food, to the decorating, to the cake and flower fetching, to attaching the balloons to the house. All these wonderful people rallied around and we made this day a spectacular one.
Grad 23 (1 of 1)Grad 30 (1 of 1)Grad 12 (1 of 1)Grad 28 (1 of 1)
Grad 8 (1 of 1)


I also have to thank the grandparents that made the long two day trip here just to spend 3 days here and celebrate this milestone with us.
Grad 22 (1 of 1)


I have more photos and I have more to say but I'm going to end it here...for now.

Comments

Marisa said…
I love this whole post. And that second pic, the b&w...it's just perfection. Congrats again to the girl!
Debby said…
Congratulations to your Graduate - she's beautiful. I always get teary-eyed when they play that graduation tune - it's the promise of HOPE they are have. It just gets to me.
kate94651 said…
Congratulations to the graduate! And congratulations to you and Mr. Fun!
ModernJune said…
What a gorgeous family! I loved this post and it sacred me ;) My daughter is 10 going on 18. Congrats on having a graduate!
Amy Lou said…
I have loved watching your family grow up for many years now....and I can't believe your daughter is old enough to be a High School Graduate...she looks so young still. Thank you for sharing your wonderful family with all of us....Best