Wishing time away...

We all do it, don't we. We can't wait until 5 PM when dad is home, we can't wait for bedtime, is it Friday yet? I have wished a big chunk of time away this past year, it was called winter, I wished for it to end. I wished for warmer temps and sunny blue skies.
I didn't realize that with those warmer temps and sunny skies came so much change. Now that it's 75 degrees and sunny I am wishing winter would have gone by a little slower. Why am I wishing that? Because the girl is graduating high school. She's almost 18 and planning a life for herself, a life that is far away from here. She's all grown up and I didn't think it would hit me like it is. I am so excited for her, she's worked really hard, had to adjust to some really sucky situations. Through it all she's held her head high and smiled through the tears. She is stronger because of it, I know this.
Here we are, less than a week from graduation. The school had awards night last night and I have to say there must be some pretty darn proud parents from this class of 2014, us included. These kids are driven, they worked hard, the kept their sense of humor through it all and deserve the success that is in front of them.
Mr. Fun teared up at the end as he looked over the girl's awards and her quilt the yearbook teacher made her for being a kick ass editor. It's going to be hard to let her go. It's not fair that we put all this work into making our kids awesome people and then they leave. Just when it's really fun to be around them and you can be friend more than a parent they fly the coop.
And now we are left wishing for all that time back...wishing it hadn't gone by so quickly.
jjMocha
JJ2
mother daughter staring contest
Daddy has a tight grip on this one.Mr. Fun with the kidlets

So here's to not wishing any more time away, it's precious and the kids will grow quicker than you expect. It's so cliche but dang, it seems like yesterday she was nine years old and now she's a young lady ready to take on the world.

The Girl!
The girl and her cows.

Now go soak up your babies, do some puzzles with your toddlers, kick a ball around with your preschooler, have a tea party, blow bubbles, have dance parties and enjoy every ounce of their littleness. Take the bad days with stride and remind yourself it won't last forever...

Soon, it'll be a shoebox full of memories....
jj birthday4


Comments

*Jess* said…
gorgeous! And they grow up way too fast!
Marisa said…
Gosh! I remember so many of these photos. She sounds like a wonderful girl. How can she not be, she has wonderful parents. :)
Ashley Hiskes said…
My oldest is graduating next weel too. This post says exactly how I feel. :(