Magic Mom...

Unlike Magic Mike, so don't be thinking I'm going to start tearing my clothes off.....
I wanted to write about the magical childhood debate, which I find stupid, but my mind is blocked. I have these thoughts but when I write them out they don't flow well, make little sense, so....

Okay, lets try this again.

Isn't it your choice if you make your child's life magical? Why does anyone care if you go all out for all holidays, even the Hallmark holidays. I personally don't like to spend money on things that will be thrown into the trash days later. That means there isn't a whole lot of magic happening up in the Fun house. My kids don't expect it, thank goodness. I never made a big deal out of holidays when they were little because I didn't want them to expect it year after year. I wanted them to be happy with the simple things in life, watching the parade on Thanksgiving, a drive to explore on Easter, watching a movie on Christmas day, handing out store bought Valentines, doing absolutely nothing but wearing green for St. Patrick's Day. Simple, our life is simple. We like it that way, no big hoopla needed for us to have fun and enjoy each other.
Now if you are the opposite of that and go all out with crafts and decorations for every holiday, more power to you. Create that magic for your children.


See, why do we need articles about it? Who cares? So let's stop arguing and go create magic or don't.

There is magic all around us no matter what. Whether you leave powder foot prints of the Easter bunny or leave gold hidden around the house from the leprechaun, there is still going to be the real magic. The magic of blue skies, the reflection of clouds in water, the first sign of a flower in spring, the first snowfall of winter, the leaves turning colors in the fall. Magic is all around us, whether it's created by moms or mother nature.
magic1
The magic is there so enjoy it with your children.
BUT don't and I repeat DO NOT make all those pins on Pinterst make you feel guilty because you didn't make the deviled eggs look like chicks or that you didn't spend hours spray painting rocks gold or that the tooth fairy didn't leave a fairy dust trail.
Don't you dare feel guilty about the magic you create or don't create.

Comments

Very nicely done! THANK YOU!
Heather said…
These are the words of someone who would rather spend time blogging than making memories for her children. If that's good with/for you, that's awesome. Me? I would rather go all-out and make MEMORIES instead of blog posts. I would rather create TRADITIONS than flowery excuses as to why I can't make the impossible possible for my little ones. With five kids under eight, there is always something new to discover, explore, or create! I wouldn't trade that for anything int the world.
MLE said…
Heather, never said we don't have traditions, we have lots of traditions. If you read here you would know that ;) We make memories as well, this is what this blog is about, documenting our memories. Our traditions and memories are just not over done with glitter, confetti and useless decorations. If you choose to go bigger then do. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.