Our Christmas..

It isn't a white Christmas, more like a melted snow, turned into ice Christmas. I am okay with that. See, this will make traveling to take the girl to the airport tomorrow easy. She'll be driving to Colorado with her boyfriend and his family for a few days and then spending the rest of her vacation basking in the Arizona winter sun. I am super jealous yet so freaking excited for her.
This year I decided less is more. The kids didn't get as much as usual, it was weird looking at the tree and not seeing many presents, their stockings were light enough to still hang. This, this is what Christmas is about, not the stuff but the togetherness.
I am proud of us, yes, myself included. Mr. Fun and I tend to overdo Christmas. By overdo, the kids usually get 5-6 presents each and stockings so stuffed the stocking holders can't hold them. This year they got 3 presents and very little in their stockings. The kids haven't noticed, if they have they haven't complained. We did Christmas without any help, no credit cards and still money in checking. I hope to continue this, wish I would have thought to make it this simple before this year.
I am thankful for what we have, it's not a big house or fancy cars but it's happiness and love. Our house is big enough, our one vehicle, that is as old as our youngest child, gets us from here to there and back again, safely. My kids have warm clothes, plenty of entertainment, parents that love and respect them, and food on the table. Isn't that enough? For us, it is.

I hope this season brings everyone peace and contentment.

Comments

benbidder said…
Love! :)
Last year the kiddos each got one gift. This year they got more. Next year will be back to just a couple gifts again. They love the day of playing together and enjoying whatever we do. I love our family. And yours is just awesome.