My Forest...

Every year we do trees. It's so fun to see the trees mature from a slopped on frosting with half eaten candy thrown on to thought out designed trees. It's a tradition I hope to continue forever. It's easy, cheap and no clutter left after the holidays. If they don't eat it I don't feel guilty tossing it in the trash. It starts with simple candies, coconut, sugar cones, frosting and food coloring. Keeping them from eating all the sugar before you decorate is the biggest challenge.
I thought the older boy wouldn't be too into it, he's at that age. I was wrong. He sat with us and decorated three trees.
And he like it, he actually enjoyed it.

As did the other kids but I expected them to.


It's messy but worth it because I get a pretty, homemade center piece.

Comments

Mary said…
Oh I love this idea. Is that a pizza pan they are on?
Anonymous said…
Grandma Roxie...Is G not needing his glasses so much as he doesn't have them in so many pics lately?