This...

19-365
It's these afternoons and these moments that bring me peace. I have been a hermit for several days, yes, I have been sick but still. I haven't been that sick, I still didn't get out of my pajamas in 3 days. Today I actually showered, cleaned, crafted, grocery shopped, visited Mr. Fun at work, walked to get kids and had friends over. Cooked dinner without whining about it.
I know I whine and it's nice to have friends that call me out on it. I know I am trying my hardest to love it here, reminding myself that life takes you where you're meant to be. I remember moving a lot as a child. Our move from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas happened when I was eleven and besides us breaking down with a dog, two cats and a litter of kittens, I don't remember much. I don't ever remember wishing to move back or missing my friends. I have to give kudos to my mom, I think it's because of her. I always felt safe and loved as a child. Then we moved from Las Vegas to San Diego, that move was more complicated..I was older, had a boyfriend, was in high school. I actually stayed behind to finish out my freshman year while my brother and mom moved. After my brother died, May of my freshman year, I felt the need to move to San Diego. Not that I had a choice but I still felt the need. I didn't want to but I knew I had to.I was afraid I wouldn't fit in or make friends but I had my family. Soon San Diego became home, for two years anyways....
So the point of this rambling is.......I didn't always want to live where I lived and I made the best of it, I made it home.
I can do it again.

Comments