The everyday....

I missed the every day...the simpleness of our stuff, our own space. I missed taking daily photos of nothing but the simple things. Breakfast, scooter riding, bath time, dancing in the kitchen.
I know that their home was welcomed to us as our home but it never felt like home to me. It was hard with bread on my dresser and a basket full of snacks next to my bed. My computer was in the girl's room and the boys didn't have a closet or their own beds. It just never felt like I was coming home. It felt like a very long, extended stay with friends.
Now my workspace is in the living room so I can write and be part of the every day. The boys have their beds and toys. They have their gaming chairs and computer. I no longer have food being stored in my room and I have a laundry room that is always open. The girl's room can be messy and it won't bother me. I can leave dishes in the sink until dinner and not feel as if I'm inconveniencing anyone.
There is now long baths full of giggles, bubble beards and toys.
bath

Legos are played with daily and left for me to step on....just like the good ole days.
legos

The puppy and kitten are learning to get along...can you hear the angels singing? If these two can just get a long I'll let them both stay, just kidding...sort of. But the whole animal schedule, management thing we have going on is genius but tedious.
dog-kitty
And then we can stop sneaking her from the girl's room to the laundry room so she can use the litter box.
kitty-1kitty-2


This house is quickly becoming a home. We have one photo wall done, something different for me, and once the other wall is done I'll be sharing. I have missed my photos the most...I look at them and I smile..I'm happy.

Comments

Katie said…
I am so happy for you. I know what it is like to live in a house that isn't your own. I lasted 3 months, you are a hero to me. Please don't feel bad for not feeling like it was home either.
Dolores said…
I know exactly how you feel. We are living with my husbands parents for the time being and while they are welcoming, I always feel on edge. Keeping the kids and pets from under foot is draining. The kids not being able to relax and act goofy is making them fight more. And not being able to buy the foods I normally do and cook the way I normally do...kinda puts me on edge. I appreciate them opening their doors, I really do, but I need my own space and this has proved just how valuable it is to me.