Lunches...

lunch

I struggle with lunches. My kids aren't ones to like a bunch of different lunch foods. One year G ate PB&Honey EVERY.DAY. the whole school year. I am talking every day that year he ate a PB&Honey sandwich. I would try to add something different every day but I thought for sure he would tire of the sandwich, he didn't. Now that he is older he will eat cold pizza, warmed fried chicken, turkey/no cheese but still no PB&Jelly. I have two kids that don't care for jelly...say what?? That is insane to me.
Today I stretched my luck and included carrots with some ranch in hopes of making lunches healthier again.
This is me feeling like a failure when it comes to school lunches. My boys have never eaten a hot lunch at school, due to them thinking they are gross. I have to agree, most are but I would think there would be one or two they would like so I could have a break. This is also me putting it out there so I will try harder and include more fruit and veggies and less processed foods.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks very healthy to me!
Mel said…
your kids lunches look almost exactly like mine did this morning.. even the pb bars and pretzel buns!!
Marisa said…
It's super hard. Don't beat yourself up! They eat healthy at home in the morning and at night, you do what you have to for lunches.
At least you can send in PB, we can't (no peanut/nut school policy).
MLE said…
Mel, that doesn't surprise me :)
Marisa, I would go crazy if I could't send peanut products to school. Our school in PHX was strict but we could still send it in lunches.
snaphappy6 said…
Andrew has taken a pb sammy (no jelly or honey or anything) for nearly is entire school life... I used to get frustrated because I felt like he would tire of it, but it's what he wants so actually making his lunch is the easiest :)