Brotherhood...

boys copy
Untitled
I read this POST and I was inspired to share my boys and the relationship they have.

boys

boys1-2boys1-1


G was my first boy, second child. He was quiet, loved his blanket and pacifier. He preferred to sleep alone and didn't really talk until he was almost three. I never worried for this was just his personality. G was going to be our last child, one girl, one boy..we were done.
Fast forward to 18 months later...Dub was on his way. When he was born, his nickname included the word quiet. He was a calm, happy, cuddly baby. He talked earlier than G but yet he was still quiet, even though he gave up the pacifier at 7 months. Right before a very long road trip...this was the start of his stubbornness, we should have been worried.
Another 2 years and along came T, my littlest baby but not quiet. He had a voice from the very beginning. It was like he knew he was the youngest of 4 and would have to be loud to be heard. He talked early, stayed up later and fit right in.
bike boys_
Some how, even though they are all so different, they mesh so well.
20/365 There's no other love like the love for a brother.  There's no other love like the love from a brother.  ~Astrid Alauda
As these three have grown, there has been challenges. G and Dub are passed the kiddie movies and most of the toys. T is still there and I am grateful for the times I catch his older brothers playing with him. They definitely have a bond I'll never understand. I think they are beating each other yet I find them laughing and carrying on as I walk in the room ready to yell. They stick up for each other and in the next sentence they are making fun of one another. They claim they all want their own bedroom but on the weekends they camp out in G's room, all together.
I know as G gets older he won't really want to hang out with his younger brothers but as of now he's content. I also believe that if I keep them close, keep reminding them of how lucky they are to have one another they will remain close throughout their adult life.
boys
I feel blessed to have these three boys in my life....even when they aren't getting along.....they love each other.
boys helmets blog

Comments

Julann said…
This is so sweet! I love the storm trooper picture!
Jen said…
LOVE! I, too, hope that the rivalry that seems synonymous with my boy crew will dissipate with adulthood and will just be left with the gift of each other. That's not too much to ask for, is it?!