First Day of School

It was the first day of school for the boys. The girl didn't have school today because they let the freshman have the run of the school for their first day. I think it's a brilliant idea, btw.
The night before T had a hard time, lots of tears and anxiety. G and Dub were fine, never even a glimmer of fear or anxiety. Poor T was so unsure of it though. I left him at his desk with a fake smile on his face and tears welling up in his eyes. I am glad I don't have a photo because it was so hard for me to just leave him there, like that. I knew I had to though, had I stayed the tears would have flowed and he wouldn't have let me leave so easily.
I had errands to run with the girl and that kept my mind of of how their day was going for a little while. I still caught myself with a pit in my stomach from time to time throughout the day. I didn't eat lunch, just couldn't. This is the hard part of parenting, letting go. As my kids grow it does get easier and letting go isn't so hard, you know that they are old enough to take care of themselves. I didn't feel any worry for G or Dub on their first day, they struck me as confident young men that were ready for the year as the walked into their building after a quick hug goodbye. But T, he's a little immature for his age, being the baby and all. So I worry about him still.
Luckily when pick up time rolled around T was all smiles. He really likes his teacher as does Dub. G said he had a great day as well. Let's hope this means a great year is ahead of us....
Even if they still drive me crazy...
first day...
Notice the leash... that pup was ready to run.

Comments