Yes, I'm going there...Miley Miley Miley

First, I am going to say I didn't watch the VMAs, neither did my kids. The girl and I did watch the clip of Miley Cyrus gone wrong. I must say it was something else. What was with the teddy bears? And what was up with her stripping down to her undies, wanna be Madonna but somehow classless. Yes, there are other shocking artist out there but you expect them to do something shocking. I never expected Miley Cyrus to grind on a big teddy bear and not be able to keep her over sized tongue in her mouth. I mean really, who knew her tongue was so huge? At least her huge mouth makes sense now, right?
I have heard everything from she's a whore to doesn't she realize she's a role model and everything in between. This is where I want to stop all of you....
If you let your child that still watches Hannah Montana watch the VMAs, well...how do I put this nicely? You are an idiot. Oh that wasn't very nice, but truthful. Now if you watched the VMAs with your teenager, now is the time to open the conversation door. Ask them how they felt about the performance, tell them how you felt about it. Be honest and open with them. Teach them as to why what she did wasn't the best decision.
It's not Miley's or MTV's job to teach your children, it's their job to sell and make money. So stop pointing fingers unless it's at yourself for letting your children watch MTV and not being able to guide them and teach them yourself. There are so many negative influences out there, you, as a parent, need to be stronger and bigger than those negatives.
Teach your child to see the positive, teach them that just because it's out there doesn't mean it's truthful or right.
beautiful weeds

Comments

Julie Danielle said…
Well said!