That warm and fuzzy feeling...

Mr. Fun texted me just a few hours after he left for his first day at his new job. He told me to drive by the store and look at the sign. I was super curious so five minutes later I was driving by the store. I had to stop and take a picture.

jason-1

It gave me such a great feeling inside. It's so something only a small town store would do. Makes me wonder how many people drive by and think, who is Jason and why do I want to meet him? And how many walk in and ask who this Jason fellow is. (and now you know Mr. Fun's real name if you didn't).
I am so proud of Mr. Fun...we've been through a lot of changes this year..like so many, it really blows my mind when I stop and think about it. Through it all he's been my rock. He wasn't sure he even wanted to apply for this job, after I begged him to, he did. He submitted his resume and cover letter. A week later and many interviews later he was hired. This means he's home year round, no working in Utah for the winter. He'll be home for the holidays, all of them. I really wanted this more for the kids, they've been through enough, missing dad all winter wasn't what I wanted for them. I could handle missing him but I am not sure I could have handled them missing him.
Cheers to a small town lifestyle!

Comments

Mel said…
I am so happy for you guys and so excited for J...everyone is going to love J there and I am sure he is going to enjoy the job..
Marisa said…
That is wonderful news. I wish him many years with this new gig. :)
Jen said…
yay!!
Jen said…
yay!!
Aline said…
Good luck to Jason! :)
Aline said…
Good luck to Jason! :)
snaphappy6 said…
Congrats on his new job. And for being a firefighter as well. Seems as if things are really falling into place for your family :)
Rebecca Spencer said…
Delighted for you and your family Misti, and delighted to have found your blog again. Rebecca
Amy Lou said…
awww that is awesome...what a nice welcome