Go home Idaho, you're drunk!

go home idaho

It seemed like we were in Idaho forever. I think the girl was delirious at some point. She started saying "go home Idaho" and then after awhile she added "you're drunk". We were laughing so hard. Then after a long silence she blurted out "go home Idaho, you're drunk....like Oklahoma walking sideways. Idaho's so drunk it's a sideways walker." She's lucky I didn't crash the burb on those dark narrow streets because I was laughing so hard I had blurry eyes.

A couple days later we were all sitting around the table, talking about the trip. This is where my family realizes what a blonde I really am. But hey, I never claimed to know geography or where the states meet each other. I know I was laughing at the girl with her comments about sideways Oklahoma but I didn't get it until this night when they explained the states are shaped alike....
Now to explain the map shown above. We were in Idaho for so many hours I didn't believe them that we didn't drive through Northern Idaho......again, never claimed to be smart when it comes to geography. So the other adults had to draw me a map so I could realize why there is no way we would have drove through Northern Idaho. Stupid Idaho anyways, it's drunk.
I guess it's time I spend some time studying a map and add this to my long list of why home schooling is not an option for us.

Comments

Julann said…
I would not have been able to even tell you what states were around Idaho. Maybe because I was drunk?