The Holidays....

Christmas Eve
They can be stressful, this year was not. It was just us for Christmas this year. This was the first year since being married we didn't have company. I thought I would hate it but I loved it. I never got dressed, wasn't stressed about dinner. Kids played with all their new gifts without fighting or whining. The house was a mess and I didn't care, it's still a mess.
The kids say they wished Grandma was here, only about 100 times. They'll have her here for a whole week next month so I don't feel guilty just proud. Proud that they didn't care her presents didn't arrive, just that she wasn't here. This is when I have a glimmer of hope I am doing something right and not completely messing up their childhood.
So the house is a mess, the tree is still up. I want the tree down now and the mess put away but I have no motivation to do any of it. Did you say leftover pie for breakfast? Yes, please.

Comments

Angela King said…
merry christmas!!!!!!! i'm glad you had an enjoyable stress free holiday. :)