Growing Up...

We traveled through the farms, over the Grapevine and muscled our way through Los Angeles traffic. It took us ten hours to make a seven hour trip. It was rough here and there but over all these kids rocked it out. Despite the slanted seat that left Mr. Fun's hip hurt, the nearly missed car accident and the shady place we stopped to pee there was little whining and no fighting or crying.
kids2
I realized my kids getting older isn't all that bad. Life is easier when you only have to take yourself to the bathroom, when you only have to cut up food for one child and not three. It's nice to be able to say that we'll stop soon when you hear the first "I'm hungry". No stopping for diaper changes. They find ways to entertain themselves and each other.
kids1
I am looking forward to many more road trips with these four in the back seat. Before we know it they'll be off doing their own thing. It seems like yesterday we had multiple carseats, diapers and sippy cups.
kids4
They keep us laughing. They keep us in check and make every day worth all the frustration.
kids3
These photos were taken at The Wave House in Mission Beach while waiting on the check. Full tummies mean chaos and giggles. Yes, even as they get older, food is key to happy kids.
We also managed to get a family photo at Mission Beach, thanks to my friend Cari. I set it up and she rocked it.
AllofUs

Yes, I am aware I said "rocked it" two too many times in this post, my apologies.

Comments

Maggie said…
Your kids are so cute. I love seeing the candid photos you get. I especially love the last photo where it looks like they are taking a photo.