Daylight Saving, you make no sense.

Living in Phoenix, AZ for the last eight years where they don't observe daylight savings made changing clocks back a little confusing for the Fun House this year. Not for the parents or the two older kids, however. It was the two younger boys that couldn't wrap their heads around it. Especially Dub, he kept asking questions. My favorite being Do our schools do daylight savings? . Mr. Fun told him it was for the forties farmer and without hesitation he blurts out So it's for the 72 year old farmer? I am not sure he fully understands it still. He surely thinks it's stupid and I have to agree. Farmers don't need this clock changing crap, they just need to sleep in and work later. Then come spring, get up early and knock off earlier and have a few beers.
This morning when my alarm went off it was light out, what? Pushing the snooze button seemed wrong. I had to fight my body to stay in bed. It was too early to get up yet my brain was thinking I was running late. I hate it, I'll adjust but for now I hate it. Last night it was 6PM and I was ready to put the kids to bed because it'd been dark for so long. I hate it. It means our afternoon driveway shenanigans will be cut short and the cold weather is just around the corner...boo to daylight savings, you can take your hour and shove it.

driveway shenanigans

driveway-2 copydriveway-3 copy

Comments