Christmas Cards....

T!
I can't decide what I want to do about this. I haven't sent them out in a couple years. One year I sent a letter to update everyone because a lot had changed in our lives, we moved out of state, Mr. Fun got a new job and we had a baby. We are at that point again, not the baby part. Mr. Fun made a huge career change, we moved out of state and our kids are changing and growing so quickly. Then I think, well, I blog so why write a letter. But I have no clue who reads my blog. I know my mom and aunt do. Do people really want a photo of us? Will they hang it on their fridge or toss it after the holiday season? Paper Coterie is having a sale on their holiday cards through the 4th. This means if I am going to do this, I need to do it now. I just can't decide if I should or not. Also, who do I send them to? I don't have addresses of many.
So this is me....not being able to make a decision, no surprise there.
T@
Should I send them, should I write a short letter. Not a braggy letter, just an update. I won't include that G is a straight A student or that JJ is taking multiple AP classes.....not my style. I will include where Mr. Fun works now, how the kids are adjusting and that JJ doesn't have her license yet....that's more my style.

Comments

Nancy said…
I think you should do it ;)
And a little bragging would be ok.
Angela King said…
i love the idea of both. the letter and the photo. and there's no shame in asking people for addresses. :)
Marisa said…
I read your blog, and just to let you know, I hang up all my Christmas cards on a card holder and keep all the ones with a picture in a photo box after Christmas is done. Just sayin' LOL
The only people who will not care or throw the picture away are probably people you don't like anyway. So skip "obligations" and just send them to people you really care about, and thus most likely have their addresses.

Holiday cards are hard. I just spent a lot of money on holiday cards this year. We had our first family picture taken in three years after our son died. We had one of our other sons hold his picture in the photo and it actually turned out really nice. It's deeply personal for me, so I hope no one just throws it away.
Unknown said…
I love your blogs. I would be honored to get a Christmas card from your family.I'm not too blog savvy, but am trying to teach myself.
Aline said…
I send out a family-picture Christmas card every year. I also love getting picture cards from my friends. They are the most interesting ones to open. Letters are fine, too, but I hate the ones where they go on and on about how great their kids are. Nobody ever seems to mention the bad things that happened throughout the year. Life can't be that great for them! :)
kate94651 said…
I hope you send me one. I want to use the Pinterest idea...where I snap a pic of the card for your contact ID on my cell phone. :o)
snaphappy6 said…
I read your blog and I would love your card!!!

I keep my cards up for a while and then I put them all in a book so I can go back and look at the photos. It's fun seeing how the kids have grown over the years
Mel said…
giggle.. I still have the card from 4 years ago.. so yes. I like your pictures.. and yes.. the go on my fridge :) I say send out some cards!