That thing called homework....

Pretty sure most parents hate it. Well, other than Kelly Ripa. She said that her kids need it for the review of what they learned that day. I'm thinking she isn't the one who sits down with them nightly, or her kids are all just well behaved and love school way too much. Whatever it is, it's unnatural to enjoy homework.
My kids are usually good about it. But there is at least two days a week that I want to pull my hair out and say to my kids "F this homework, let's go get a cupcake." Yesterday was one of those days. By Thursday they are done with homework, I can't blame them. I get to drink wine to get me through it, all they have is milk or water, suckers. As I was saying, yesterday was a bad homework day. The rule is no computer, xbox or TV until your homework is finished. T wanted to play a game so badly but his homework wasn't done....this was most of my afternoon. I started recording 10 minutes into the tantrum.
He then sat down with JJ and they did their homework together.

Comments

Angela King said…
homework does suck. i hate it too. i need to be better about ensuring we have wine on hand though. ;)
Unknown said…
I feel for him. My son doesmthis too. Kids are overloaded. They cant be kids anymore
Kari said…
He sounds just like my Sami! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone ;)You can't deny the humor of their dramatics, but the daily whining makes me want to pull my damn hair out!