I wish my family were larger...

Okay, some days. Not every day or when we are making our way through airport security. That's a sight, like a circus act. Four kids is a lot but then I spend time with families larger than ours. It's rare but it happens. Okay, we had to fly to Montana to hang out with a family larger than ours. Honestly, if money wasn't such a big factor we would have had more. Mr. Fun can deny it all he wants but that is why we stopped. It is why we made it permanent when T was only six months old and it happened to be the same day as JJ's ninth birthday. Oh wait, there was my health as well. I am a high risk pregnancy and after two I was told no more, I survived two more and decided I didn't want to risk it.
So my point is, don't judge large families until you have spent a day with them. You may just fall in love with their love.
Weiss3
These kids love each other, they look out for each other, they laugh together. Seriously, I think it would be awesome to have more siblings. Maybe it's the fact that I lost my brother at the age fourteen and never saw my other brother. I would love for my kids to have uncles and aunts and cousins. They don't, well, they have an uncle that will be turning thirteen this month. They also have an uncle that has three girls but they live in Utah and we haven't seen them in ten years, so it's complicated.
weiss4a
These kids have something to cherish, each other. They also have happily married parents and so who are we to judge them just because they have more kids then you think they should? It's not for everyone but these kids were such a joy to be around. Now do I think having nineteen kids is crazy, hell yes, but if that's what you want go for it.
Weiss1
Oh and when you see large families out and about refrain from saying any of these phrases.
1~You have your hands full. (better than empty)
2~ Wow, are they all yours? (nope, I just like to pick up a few extra kids, you know, in case my own get boring.)
3~Do they all have the same dad? (that one just opens the door for me to mess with you)
4~I don't know how you do it. (i'm supermom, bitch)
5~Better you than me....(that one makes me want to punch you in the head)
6~Have you figured out how it happens yet? (yes, that's the problem)
7~Were they all planned? (you're just rude)
8~Are you going to have more? (none of your business)
9~At least you got your girl or boy? (like we wouldn't be happy with all the same sex)
10~How can you afford to feed them all? (we don't, we rotate who gets to eat daily)

Comments

Sarah Bradford said…
Number 10 made me literally LOL.
Angela King said…
hahahahahaha i love your ten things not to say. i love my four but there are days that my uterus aches for more and other days when it's closed for shop. who knows? this family is gorgeous! oh my and these pictures are amazing. just amazing. :)