Something has materialized in the fun house...

shotgun
That is the use of the word SHOTGUN!! Yep, I'm that old....I have two children old enough to sit in the front seat. My twelve and half year old is now allowed to sit in the front seat. And YES!! I am one of those parents that keep my kids rear facing until the age of the three, in a five point harness until the age of seven and a half and in a booster until the age of ten.
You can imagine how I thought this day would never come. I never thought I would be old enough to have two kids old enough to sit in the front seat of a vehicle. Here I am though!! G calling out SHOTGUN in the morning as they walk out the door with Mr. Fun for school. It makes me giggle. It's like a right of passage now days. JJ pouts but doesn't fight it because when she calls shotgun she wants it to count. Problem is, she is so used to just sitting in the front seat that she forgets to call it. I laugh, she doesn't think it's funny but I remember this fight with my bother, it's just part of growing up with siblings.
shotgun2
Even the weird ones...I won't name names but the photo speaks for itself.

Comments

Angela King said…
totally forgot about shotgun! i only have one so far that can sit up front but i'll have to remember this and start it up when chloe's old enough. :)
sandra tyler said…
I actually was just wondering that, if my kids were old enough to sit in the front seat. They need to be 12? is it age or weight? mine are 7 and 8.visiting from the hop!
inkyblog said…
can you fit two people with you in the front row? if so, i am officially jealous, a bench seat up front would be AWESOME!!!
MLE said…
Carol, my burb doesn't have a bench seat but it's an option.

Sandra, I think it depends on the state. But they say they shouldn't sit in the front seat until age 12.

MLE said…
Shotgun