My love for photography

It started when I was young. I always remember having a camera in my hand. My first camera was a kodak, a lot like this.
My friends and I would model for each other, put up a sheet for a back drop. The whole nine yards. We would beg and plead for a ride to the grocery store where we would send our negatives off for double prints.
Then I had children, my poor children. I remember setting JJ up in the middle of all my mom's beanie babies and snapping away.This is when APS film was the newest and coolest thing.  I still love all the photos from that camera, I have boxes and boxes of negatives conveniently stored in that little container. It was brilliant, to be honest.
When G was a baby we got our first digital camera, it used hard disks. The quality sucked but allowed me to share photos online instantly with my mommy friends. I thought was so cool and no idea photography would be so easily shared in just a couple years.
After Wy was born, Mr. Fun bought me a Sony digital. To this day it's still a great camera. This was my first shot that made me want to be a photographer, you know one that gets paid to take photos.
Wy ,5 months old

I also took photos like this.....
T loves the bumbo

Same camera, same person taking the photo... Yeah, I didn't start off good. I had a long road to go.
This is when I started reading and learning all I could about Shutter speed and Aperture and ISO. I was seeing light differently. I'd place my kids somewhere with good light just for a snapshot.
The Huckleberries

Oh and I used to like props too....It was a learning process to find my style. Oh and plexi glass, never would use it today.
DSC00362


Then my mom bought me a 20D.....my poor family had no idea. I became obsessed.  This is when I started to get photos like this.
IMG_4994

Missed focused and under exposed. See I wasn't always a good photographer.
After learning my camera inside and out I started to learn about Photoshop and my photos started to look like this.
IMG_5162

Not too bad, right?  Still a lot of learning to do about shadows and exposure but I was on my way to this....finding my style, finding who I was and what kind of photo made me happy. Capturing my kids and anyone else, just as they are.
bench kids canvas2


Untitled


to the 
right...

laughter...



Oh and having some fun with it too...
  107-365





So why this post?  To encourage those that have a camera and want to take awesome photos, to get out there and do it. You are going to get frustrated and you are going to feel like you take one step forward with post processing yet your focus sucked this week. It's okay, my focus still sucks sometimes, it happens. Then one day you are going to get that photo that stops you! It won't have to be a perfect photo, however. It'll be a photo that speaks to you. You'll stare at before sharing it with the world. You'll feel proud because everyone else will love it too.
So get out there and shoot, not for anyone but yourself.
as they are 15-52



Comments

Marisa said…
love, love, love!
Anonymous said…
All your posts are "fun" to follow, but it is your photography that interests me the most. Can't wait to see more!
So so true. :)
Mel said…
omgosh..the plexi glass!!! that made me choke on my coffee..
Kat said…
This is such a fabulous post. I love it. :)
I love taking pics (mostly of my family). My lovely hubby bought me a Nikon D60 and I still don't know how to use the thing properly (it has been almost three years). Some of my pics are fabulous, and some are meh. Someday I'll learn more about my camera, but for now I just have fun. :)
Amber Maddux said…
i need you to teach me your tips & tricks!