Let's talk idiots!!!

I am not one to judge, usually. But then I read this article about Todd Akin and I thought what a fucking idiot! What an extremely waste of a human being.
I am trying to move on and be thankful I don't live in Missouri with all the other idiots that are actually going to vote for such an idiot.
I am going to go somewhere very personal right now.... So hold on to your panties and break out the vodka or wine. There aren't many in my life that know this about me, very few. It's not something that comes up in every day conversation but it is something I remember like it was yesterday. I had an abortion, there I said it! WOW, to type those words is an out of body experience for me. The reasons for it are not what matters here, it's another painful part of my life I tend to not focus on, or even think about. So hearing this idiot, Todd Akin, say the things he's said really piss me off. I want to choke him, I want to kick him in the head.
To say a women's body has natural defense against pregnancy when legitimately being raped is a fucking crock of shit!!! How can one person think that? How can other people believe that? A women's body isn't going to kill sperm inside her because it's a rapist sperm! How stupid do you have to be to believe that crock of shit? How can one think it's okay to force a woman, a child,  to bring a fetus to term and not be totally screwed up for the rest of her life is beyond me !!! It's a choice, it's a matter of how strong you are . That is any women's or girl's right to have that choice. Not some high and mighty overpaid politician's opinion.
It's Sunday afternoon, I have two kids with fevers and one with a sore throat.  I also have a husband packing for a business trip and all I can think is Todd Akin and everyone that supports him are idiots!! It takes a lot to get me as angry as I am right now. I am a person that says to each their own many times a week. This, I can't let it go. If you support him or his stupid way of thinking, please unfollow me, never click here again. You're an idiotic moron. If you believe a woman or little girl that is pregnant because she was raped should carry that child to term, we shouldn't be friends. I'm not political, in any way! I am a woman who, as a child, has had an abortion and I stand by pro choice tooth and nail.
I am one to believe to each their own but also think if you haven't walked a mile in their shoes you need to open your mind or shut the fuck up!!!

Unless of course you think this is a better alternative to keeping abortion legal....
blooging...my opinion..


If it comes down to someone who has been raped and is carrying her rapist child, shouldn't she have the choice without taking her own life?

Comments

Angela King said…
well you weren't lying. this is personal. i love it. it's very strongly stated and makes me feel like i "know you" even more. and that pic, omg. i'm glad you posted this. i'm a strong believer in if you felt the need to write it, you should post it :) thanks for sharing.
Thumper said…
You know, I hate the word "retarded" because it's used so vitriolically most of the time, but this guy is misogynistic and retarded. God help MO if he's re-elected...
MFP said…
I completely agree with you on this! I also had an abortion when I was younger and I have never forgotten the day. I did what was best at the time of my life. It feels strange to type it. I have never told anyone besides my closest friends.... And now I type it for whomever to see. Kinda liberating.... I love reading your blogs and FB status. You inspire me, I love the fact that you are real about who you are and how you feel. So many peole are not and I can't stand that. Life is not a fairytale and personally I rather like that it isn't.....
nicole said…
we all have to be the truest person we can be. if others don't like it - whatever.

Love you.

xoxo
Mel said…
"i'm a strong believer in if you felt the need to write it, you should post it" ITA!! A very personal post but a very strong one. Love you!
Maggie said…
This took guts, girl. I don't know you but I think I would like to get to know you. Not many people in this world this brave. This photo is worth a thousand words, well done.
kate94651 said…
I have so much to say...but I am too angry at this moron myself. {{{hugs}}}