How we met....

 I am so excited to be here. I love my new blog. To start this blog off I am going to tell the story of how Mr. Fun and I met. Ms. Angela, who also did the hard work on this blog, doesn't know our story. So I thought it only fitting to start there in our new cyber house.And I can't thank her enough. I wanted this change for 2 years now!! I am in love!



When Mr. Fun and I met I was engaged. I had the dress, the invitations were addressed. The church, the reception hall, the caterers and dj booked.
After work one night there was a note on my car about a party. It was signed Jason (that's what he goes by in the real world) ... I had another friend also named Jason. I thought the note was from him for Mr. Fun and I had only talked a couple times for brief moments. I called my fiance to let him know I wasn't coming straight home.
After driving by the address, I shortly realized the cops had broken up the party. I decided to go to the grocery store to grab a treat before heading home. As I was walking in guess who was walking out?  You guessed it, Mr. Fun and the other Jason. The other Jason ignored me which confused me. Mr. Fun came right up to me and said Hey. The note was from him, Mr. Fun. We sat on the trunk of his car in Ralph's parking lot until 3am talking. I don't remember what we talked about but I remember laughing and not wanting to leave. We joked that if anyone asked we would say we talked about cookie recipes. (yep, we were dorks back then too)

After that night we would see each other at work. He was sign supervisor so he would hang the signs in whatever area I was working in and we would chat while working.  We started taking breaks together and then lunches. Then it was paging each other in code. (that makes us old, like really old)
By this time I was so confused. When I was with Mr. Fun nothing else mattered. When I was with my fiance all I could think about was Mr. Fun.  So I went to my mom.....she told me to follow my heart . (thank you mom, you're the best)
Mr. Fun and I went to the mall one day. When he dropped me back home I wanted him to kiss me....I wasn't leaving that car until I got a kiss. Yes, I was still engaged. but I also knew he wanted to kiss me...it was butterflies and goosebumps when we were together.
So we kissed for the first time and that's when I knew he was the one.  That night I broke off my engagement...........
My fiance moved out the next day.
Mr. Fun and I were officially deemed a couple by all our friends, even his girlfriend he had been dating up until now. I am pretty sure she hated me but she was nice about it.
Then my Grandma passed away and I started hanging out with my now ex fiance.  And I heard he was with his ex though he denies it. It was a messy, not happy time for me. Mr. Fun and I still paged each other but rarely talked.
After a couple more weeks Mr. Fun came to my house, I don't remember one thing that was said other than a CD being thrown in my car and Mr. Fun telling me to listen to track 5 before driving off..
Track No. 5
So I took a look in the mirror and took my moms advice. I followed my heart. Less then a year after talking cookie recipes we were married and expecting our first child. I quit working because he was up for a promotion and it didn't seem right that we both still work at Target. I became a stay at home mom and he works his ass off for us.
Following my heart and fighting for what I felt was right was hard, I hurt a lot of people. In the end, after 16 years of marriage, I am glad I had the courage to do what my heart was telling me to do. I didn't fall prey to doing what was politically correct. I didn't let the ONE get away.
we met

He still gives me that butterflies, goosebumps feeling.  He says I'm his dream girl and he is most certainly my prince. Everyone said it wouldn't last. Some gave us a year, others were as ballsy to say 6 months. We were young, Mr. Fun missed being a teen dad by 5 days. We also didn't know each other for very long, meeting in April of 1995 and marrying in March of 1996. We knew though, we knew from the very beginning that we would be together forever.

Comments

Angela King said…
ok....
1. i didn't know you two met at target!
2. i didn't even know you worked at target!
3. i love that picture of you guys.
4. so excited that you'll be blogging more.
5. i posted a comment and didn't realize i was still under your info from popping in earlier to make sure everything was ok. lol. i deleted it and am posting as me. yay!
i followed my heart too. it wasn't easy but it was worth it.
xoxoxoxoxo
MLE said…
I am laughing that you commented as me!!
We did meet at Target, I zoned softlines, he hung signs.
Angela King said…
crazy! i've met two of three people that i will be married to in my lifetime at target. :)
Marisa said…
I have read the story before, but it still makes me go "awwwww ♥".
Welcome back to Blogger. Angela, you did a great job!
schlep said…
Hey! Not everyone said it wouldn't last.
snaphappy6 said…
Love the new blog....a bit jealous.... gotta get back to working on mine. I've read this story before too...but love reading stories like this...glad you beat the odds.
Shawn and I are high school sweethearts and we were told by many it wouldn't last, we were too young, etc. Yes, we did take a year off right after high school but that was the longest year of our lives, and we got back together.....married18 and half years now :) and still going strong....
Jessica said…
That picture and your love story are breathtakingly beautiful!